The Studio Manager facilitates the flow of video, motion graphic and design work for Faithlife’s in-house creative team of 20 (+contractors).
Reports to the Creative Director. Is not responsible for managing others.
• Assigning work based on individual strengths and workload • Making sure briefs exist for all new work • Facilitate daily triage for new and active work • Confirming that written briefs exist for all new work • Traffic work for the video, motion graphic and design teams • Helping all work be completed on time and on budget • Knowledge of the status of current work • Keeping management and other departments informed on projects • Workflow management and improvements for video, motion graphics and design • Vendor and contractor negotiation, relationships, and documentation • Onboarding and coordination of contractors • Managing contractor budgets • Onboarding and training of new employees on the video and design teams • Print buying and coordination
• 5+ years in the creative field • Excellent prioritization • Advanced organizational and multitasking skills • Keen attention to detail • Project management skills • Troubleshooting skills
Nice to Have:
• Experience producing video and photography work • Experience working with creative contractors • Rolodex filled with a variety of creative talent
To be a proper fit at Faithlife, you will:
• Understand and interact with technology. • Have the ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced workplace.
Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for supporting Faithlife’s design, marketing, and brand identity needs. The position requires an innovative senior print/web/identity designer that can research, concept, lead, and design at the highest creative levels and across various lines of business. They will be able to apply design thinking to problem solving, and will work collaboratively with an Art Director, a Copywriter and Marketing to present work with sound strategic reasoning and strong creative rationale.
Directly reports to: Head of Design
• Lead research and conceptual efforts on design projects. • Be accountable for the leadership and direction of the creative process. • Understand and execute the technical requirements needed for production-ready visual assets for print, desktop, mobile, and web environments. • Provide carefully considered, visually stunning design solutions for every occasion. • Question everything in an effort to understand the problems you’re solving. • Collaborate with other design team members on tasks, projects, and initiative. • Collaborate with Creative Director and/or Art Director in the production and implementation of all projects assigned. • Advocate for aesthetic and utility to be held in the proper balance within a tech company. • Advocate for the perspective of the customer in all design work. • Communicate and collaborate cross-departmentally with developers, marketers, and writers on a variety of projects. • Provide carefully considered, visually stunning design solutions for every occasion. • Conceptual exploration, including drawing, sketching, research for design projects—and ability to effectively execute. • Manage a large volume of work with tight deadlines.
• Proven graphic design experience in print and web design with excellent typography skills. • 5+ years in the design field • Demonstrated design skills with a solid portfolio • Ability to communicate and present ideas • Good understanding of HTML & CSS. • Exceptional understanding of print production • On top of the latest trends, techniques, and technologies in the graphic design space • Up to date with industry leading software (Adobe CC, Sketch (or other prototyping apps), and/or other current design tools.) • Ability to ask the right questions to best understand design problems being solved for • Able to give and receive and critique constructively • Able to lead other designers • Able to receive instruction • Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines • Work in a variety of mediums / disciplines with the drive to learn more and do more.
To be a proper fit at Faithlife, you will:
• Have a basic understanding of the Christian Academic market. • Understand and interact with technology. • Have the ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced workplace.
Faithlife is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with excellent video editing and people skills to work as the Senior Editor. This role is responsible for editing feature documentaries, brand promotions, and product marketing videos as well as preparing assets for external contract editors, collaborating on continuous improvements, and consistently delivering results against goals. Editing in FCP X is required. Understanding Faithlife’s core audience of church leaders and expertise in theological content is helpful.
Directly reports to: Executive Producer, DSGNHAVN
• Editing RED footage in Final Cut Pro X • Post production asset management and workflow • Online and offline (proxy) editing • Editing documentary feature films • Editing brand promotions and product marketing videos • Prepare assets for contract editors • Collaborate with the video team to ensure projects ship on schedule
Who You Are
Experienced 5+ years of video editing in a professional capacity.
Entrepreneurial You thrive in a fast-paced culture and are constantly looking for new problems to solve. You learn quickly from failure and you have the ability to quickly pivot strategies.
Focused and efficient You’re attentive to detail and enjoy productive editing sessions.
Ambitious and driven You have the grit to overcome roadblocks, you‘re a self starter, and have the determination to achieve the next goal.
Team player You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Digital video expert.
Digital Video Expert You are highly skilled in editing picture and dialogue. You’re competent mixing audio and notice when an image is a little too magenta.
This is a full-time salaried position at our office in Bellingham, WA.
Faithlife is always looking to hear from creative freelancers who are available for contract work. Projects range across print and web, motion and video, photography, graphic design, and production work.
Who You Are
Professional You understand the importance of deadlines, and you deliver work on time or early--every time.
Organized Your file structure and layers are organized, and your source files are packaged.
Eagle Eye You review provided instructions completely, ask questions before you start, and understand the importance of consistency. Good Communicator You respond to questions and feedback in a timely manner. Your messages are clear and concise.
Apply. No resume required.
We are looking for a designer who is passionate about creating dynamic digital experiences. Someone with a foundation of Adobe CS skills but now doing more work in Sketch and prototyping tools like InVision and Webflow.
“Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done.
Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things web and mobile.
Strong understanding of mobile platforms.
Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries.
Absolutely be in sync with recent design standards and trends.
Video Editing Intern
As a video editing intern you will be editing Faithlife Today, our show that runs 5 days a week! You’ll get great experience working with a professional video and motion team. This is a part time 90 day internship of approximately 20 hours a week.
Experience editing in Apple Final Cut Pro X
Video camera operation experience
A desire to learn the nuances of editing
A team player
Attention to detail
Ability to deliver on a daily basis.
Flexibility working in a changing and innovative production environment
A reel of previously edited projects
The ideal candidate would have
Knowledge of the Christian market
Experience with making short films
A good eye for catching typos
Knowledge of Logos Bible Software
A passion to build up the faith of others by equipping them with tools for better Bible study
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form